PST-GK is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
PST-GK may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and address
- Contact information including email address and contact number.
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Other information relevant to customer such as payment details (which are later removed , see Controlling your personal data)
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests or to respond to comments, questions, or concerns.
- We may use the information to provide requested products and services including, as applicable, order confirmation, billing, delivering products or services to process and track orders
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
Cookies on the PST-GK site
PST-GK only uses the below three cookies on its site.
The first two bullet pointed cookies are session cookies which contain information about the contents of the buying cart as a whole and helps the shopping system know when the cart data changes. This data is then automatically removed when the web browser closes, or after 20 minutes of inactivity, whichever is the sooner.
The third is kept for 2 days, and contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer.
No personal information is stored within these cookies.
How do I change my cookie settings?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
Other information we collect
Social buttons. On many of the pages of the PST-GK site you will see ‘social buttons’. These enable users to share or bookmark the web pages. There are buttons for: Twitter, Facebook ‘Share’, Pintrest ‘share’ and email share. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of PST-GK. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on PST-GK’s site. So if you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting PST-GK, and the specific pages you are on, even if you don’t click on the button if you are logged into their services, like Google and Facebook. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We WILL NOT under any circumstances sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
- 30 days after any initial order to allow for any potential returns we will remove all your personal data including name, address, contact details and payment details from our online databases, only the paper records from delivery that include name, address will survive. Again you can request this by contacting us.
- If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, username, credit card information, or other personal information through e-mail.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The material on our site is given for general information only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should take specific advice before taking a course of action as we do not accept directly or indirectly any responsibility for loss arising directly or indirectly from reliance on information on this site.